This Essential Green Smoothie is chock full of healthy vegetables, fruit, and tons of vitamins! It’s perfect for a daily dose of fiber too.
Green smoothies are an easy and healthy addition to your everyday diet. When my meals are lower in produce, I like to add in a green smoothie for some raw veggies.
Why I Blend This Green Smoothie
Once upon a time, I played around with a partially raw diet. I followed some of the recipes from this book. I felt amazing with all the fresh raw produce but found the work involved to be way too much. That book has a special place on my bookshelf and I still use it for some delicious salads.
One of the staples in this book was a morning juice. It had a similar flavor to this smoothie, but since it was a juice it didn’t include the fiber.
Plus, have you ever juiced daily? The cleanup from the juicer can be a lot! So I decided to sub a few ingredients and put everything in a blender to make it simple.
The result? A fantastic flavor that’s easy to drink, is more filling than a juice, and includes some super-healthy fiber!
Ingredients for Essential Green Smoothie
- Cucumber – This is a must for this smoothie! It offers lots of hydration and a refreshing flavor too. It’s sort of my base for this recipe.
- Mixed Greens – I love to sneak in plenty of organic baby mixed greens to this smoothie. I like the power greens mix that is at most stores. It usually includes spinach, kale, and some other healthy greens. This blend is a vitamin powerhouse!
- Pear – I love pears! They are my favorite fruit and offer a smooth, slightly sweet flavor. You can substitute apples for this if you prefer.
- Ginger – Ginger is great for digestion, and its zingy flavor offers a lot to this smoothie.
- Lemon Juice – This brightens up the flavor and is easy to add.
If you’re not frightened by a green smoothie, you can add some other ingredients to bring up the nutrition value.
Some options are chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp hearts, grated turmeric root, lime juice, and more. Feel free to mix it up and experiment with your favorite combination.
Essential Green Smoothie
- 2 mini cucumbers, diced or 1 medium
- 1-2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 small pear, diced
- 1 inch grated ginger root
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 16 ounces filtered water or less
- Chop the pear and cucumber into small chunks. I like to leave the peel on. (Make sure to remove any stickers!)
- Peel a 1" section of the ginger.
- Add the cucumber, greens, pear, and lemon juice to the blender.
- Grate the ginger over the blender. I like to use a microplane.
- Add water, using less or more, depending on how thick you'd like your smoothie. I like it like a juice for this recipe, because everything blends better and it's easier to drink.
- Blend, baby! You may want to blend it a bit longer than normal to be sure the greens are fully blended.
- Pour into a glass and drink.